SANJEEVANI - HEALTH AND WELLNESS CLUB
HEALTH THROUGH AWARENESS
The overall goal of the School Health Club is to promote effective learning in school through supporting pupils. It aims at increase their knowledge and understanding of health issues that affect them directly and guide them to adopt positive behaviours to prevent poor health.
- To promote hygienic lifestyles among pupil
- To increase pupil’s knowledge and understanding of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene issues
- To promote a healthy school environment
- To encourage outreach to the home and community
- To challenge children to take up leadership roles and responsibilities
- Inculcate a culture of Health & Wellness among students through various co-curricular activities
- To maintain Health Records
- To conduct surveys on health related concerns
- Personal responsibility for one’s health
- Increasing Physical activity
- Celebration of important days ( eg.World Health Day - April 7)
- To inculcate healthy and positive ways of living
- To organize events and competition on Healthy Food Week, Healthy Eating Workshop etc.
News & Events
HEALTHY TIFFIN DAY
The Sanjeevani Health and Wellness Club of Indian School Sohar observed "Healthy Tiffin Day" for the students of Classes III to V on May 11th, 2023. The main objective of this event was to instil the habit of eating and staying healthy. Under the guidance of Ms. Sanchita Verma, the...
WORLD HEALTH DAY CELEBRATION - 2023
"Health is a state of complete harmony of the body, mind, and spirit." — B.K.S. Iyengar
On April 10th, 2023, ‘Sanjeevani, The Health and Wellness Club of Indian School Sohar, celebrated World Health Day in the school where in students were sensitized to remain healthy by...
HEALTH AWARENESS PROGRAMME BY MINISTRY OF HEALTH
“The first wealth is health.” - Ralph Waldo Emerson
The Ministry of Health in association with Sanjeevani Health and Wellness Club of Indian School Sohar conducted Health and hygiene awareness Programme on 6th October 2022, in the school auditorium for the...
ANTI-JUNK FOOD CAMPAIGN
“Investing in early childhood nutrition is a sure-fire strategy. The returns are incredibly high”
INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY 2021
“Yoga is that Light, which, if you can light once; will never get dimmed, the more you practice, the brighter the flame will be.”
The 7th International Yoga Day 2021, was celebrated by Indian School Sohar with great enthusiasm on a virtual platform in three different...
6th INTERNATIONAL YOGA DAY CELEBRATION
“Yoga is the journey of the self, to the self, through the self”
Yoga is an ancient Physical, mental and spiritual practice that has its roots in India. The International Day of Yoga aims to raise awareness around the world, regarding the many benefits of practicing the art. The day...